Daily care for oily skin varies from other skin types due to its abundance of oils and susceptibility to pimples. A proper daily routine not only helps maintain an appealing and healthy look but also keeps blemishes and scars at bay. Here’s your go-to guide for the optimal oily skin care routine.
How can you identify oily skin?
Oily skin exhibits distinctive signs that set it apart from other types, and you can recognize it through the following signs:
Excessive oil secretion leads to a noticeable shine on the face.
- Enlarged or clogged pores: Particularly evident in the cheek area.
- White and blackheads.
Frequent appearance of pimples:
Oily skin is prone to recurrent pimples and acne.
If you observe these signs on your skin, it indicates that you have oily skin, requiring special attention and a tailored daily care routine.
What is the best routine for oily skin care?
Let’s explore the five essential daily steps for an effective oily skin regimen:
Step 1: Cleansing with A Proper Cleanser
Using a suitable cleanser twice in the morning and
evening is crucial for deeply purifying the pores and eliminating traces of makeup, impurities, and acne-causing bacteria. This step helps maintain clear and healthy skin.
Specifications for the Best Oily Skin Cleanser:
- The ideal cleanser for oily skin should has specialized ingredients for oily skin care, such as:
Effectively removes excess oil causing shine and prevents clogged pores.
Eliminates dead cells, preventing the occurrence of pimples and acne.
Regulates skin oil secretion and reduces facial acne.
A gentle exfoliator that treats existing pimples and prevents new ones.
Additionally, it should be:
- Free of Soap, Alcohol, and Perfumes: To avoid skin irritation.
- Gentle and Light Formula: Ensuring it does not clog pores.
- Available in Gel or Foam Form: Providing a versatile application.
How to Use the Cleanser
- Apply a sufficient amount of cleanser and massage it onto damp skin.
- Rinse the face with lukewarm water.
- Ensure the face is completely dry.
- Follow these steps both in the morning and evening for optimal results.
Step Two: Refine the Skin with Toner
While you might think your skin is thoroughly cleansed after using a cleanser, the presence of pores necessitates the use of toner once or twice a day to:
- Tighten and purify pores, alleviating inflammation.
- Regulate oil secretion and minimize shine.
- Gently exfoliate the skin, eliminating any lingering impurities.
Specifications for the Best Toner for Oily Skin:
The optimal toner for oily skin should:
- Contain ingredients tailored to oily skin care, such as salicylic acid, glycolic acid, lactic acid, or anti-inflammatory and antibacterial tea tree oil.
- Be gentle on the skin.
- Non-comedogenic (does not clog pores).
- Fragrance-free, and in liquid form.
How to Use Toner
Dispense a sufficient amount of toner onto a cotton pad.
Massage the skin thoroughly with gentle circular movements.
Use it once or twice a day after cleansing for the best results.
Step Three: Hydrate with Appropriate Moisturizer
In Contrary to the common misconception that oily skin doesn’t require external moisturizing due to its natural oil secretion, it’s essential to pick one for two reasons:
- Oily skin, like other skin types, requires hydration and care.
- Avoiding moisturizers and excessively drying the skin can prompt increased oil production.
Consistently moisturizing oily skin is a crucial step in the daily routine. It helps establish balance, fulfills the skin’s needs, and diminishes lines and signs of aging.
Specifications for the Best Moisturizer for Oily Skin:
- Light Texture: Easily absorbed and non-greasy.
- Contains Oily Skin-Friendly Ingredients: Such as niacinamide.
- Free of Heavy Oils, Petroleum Jelly Derivatives, and Perfumes.
- Available in Various Forms: Cream, serum, gel, or lotion.
How to Use Moisturizer
- Apply a sufficient amount of moisturizer to the skin.
- Gently massage until completely absorbed.
- Repeat its use twice daily – or more – as needed.
- For better absorption, moisturize the skin when it is wet, not dry.
Step Four: Continuous Protection with Sunscreen
All skin types require daily and consistent protection from the sun’s harmful rays, and oily skin is no exception. In fact, it is particularly extra deserving of protection to safeguard against pimples and acne. Here are some recommendations:
- Use sunscreen every day of the year, including in winter.
- Apply a sufficient amount evenly over the entire face and lips.
- Reapply approximately every two hours, especially if exposed to sunlight for extended periods.
Specifications for the Best Sunscreen Suitable for Oily Skin:
- Free of Oils and Perfumes.
- Broad-Spectrum Protection: Guards against UVA and UVB sun rays.
- Available in Various Forms: Gel, cream, liquid, or spray.
How to Use Sunscreen
- Apply an adequate amount of sunscreen to clean skin about 20 minutes before going out.
- Massage gently and evenly until completely absorbed by the skin.
- Reapply approximately every two hours if exposed to sunlight for long periods of time.
Step Five: Regular Exfoliation with Appropriate Exfoliators
Regularly exfoliating the skin is vital for eliminating dead cells and tissues, reducing the risk of acne, pimples, and clogged pores. There are two main types of exfoliation:
Physical Exfoliation: This method uses gentle granules to exfoliate the skin and remove dead cells. However, it’s currently not recommended due to the potential for skin irritation and harm.
Chemical Peeling: This involves using products containing exfoliating acids to remove dead cells and promote the growth of new, healthy skin.
The best exfoliators for oily skin are:
Fortified with either Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHA) like glycolic acid, citric acid, and lactic acid, or Beta Hydroxy Acids (BHA) such as salicylic acid.
Includes Vitamin A Derivatives:
(Recommended under the supervision of a doctor) like adapalene and retinol.
Available in Various Forms:
Serum, cream, or liquid.
How to Use Exfoliators
- You should follow the instructions for use of each product.
- Apply the product to completely clean skin, leave it on for a specified duration, then rinse.
- It may be recommended to use it gradually until the skin gets used to it so it does not cause any irritation.
What is the best routine for oily skin care from Sandraderma?
Sandraderma offers a diverse range of options for oily skin care through its store. These options cater to the unique needs of oily skin, allowing you to tailor the best routine for both summer and winter seasons.
Toniderma purifying cleansing gel
- Cleanses the skin thoroughly, eliminating impurities.
- Balances oil secretion without inducing dryness.
- Formulated with niacinamide, azelaic acid, and lactic acid for enhanced efficacy.
Nuriderma purifying cleanser gel
- Revitalizes and thoroughly purifies the skin, facilitating detoxification.
- Minimizes the visibility of pores while preserving the skin barrier.
- Enriched with niacinamide, azelaic acid, and salicylic acid, complemented by the nourishing properties of panthenol.
- Moisturizes and nourishes the skin.
- Gently exfoliates the skin and deeply purifies pores.
- Contains: aloe vera gel, tea tree extracts, glycerin, glycolic and lactic acids and vitamin C.
Toniderma purifying serum
- Hydrates and calms the skin, offering soothing relief.
- Aids in the prevention and treatment of acne.
- Enriched with salicylic acid, lactic acid, benzoyl peroxide, and the natural antimicrobial properties of tea tree oil.
Nuriderma anti imperfection serum
- Improves skin texture and protects it from damage.
- Moisturizes the skin and protects against clogged pores.
- Enriched with lactic and salicylic acids, tea tree oil and vitamin A.
Toniderma skin sunscreen spray
- Provides broad spectrum sun protection with SPF 50+.
- Lightweight, fast-absorbing and water-resistant.
- Enriched with sunscreens with aloe vera extracts, panthenol and vitamin E.
Toniderma oily skin sunscreen
- Provides broad protection against both types of sun rays with a protection factor of +50.
- Waterproof, fast absorbing and non-greasy.
- Enriched with sun filters, vitamin E and mattifying